1. DuBois, D.L. & Karcher, M.J. (Eds.), (2005) Handbook of youth mentoring. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
2. Freedman, M. (1993) The kindness of strangers: Adult mentors, urban youth, and the new volunteerism. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
3. Gee, J. P., Morgridge, T. (2007). Good Video Games and Good Learning. In Good Video Games and Good Learning: Collected Essays on Video Games, Learning and Literacy (New Literacies and Digital Epistemologies). Peter Lang Pub Inc.
4. George, P. S. (1999). A middle school—If you can keep it: Part II. Midpoints Occasional Papers. Columbus, OH: National Middle School Association.
5. Harris, J. (1995). Where is the Child's Environment? A Group Socialization Theory of Development. Psychological Review, Vol. 102, No. 3. Retrieved from http://faculty.weber.edu/eamsel/Classes%20203000/Lectures/3%20Childhood/SE%20
6. Lai, C., Yang, J., Chen, F., Ho, C., & Chan, T. (2007) Affordances of Mobile Technologies for experiential learning: the interplay of technology and pedagogical practices. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, Vol. 23. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2729.2007.00237.x
7. Lave, J. & Wenger, E. (1991) Situated Learning: Legitimate Peripheral Participation. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
9. Mizelle, N. & Irvin, J. (2000) Transition From Middle School into High School. Middle School Journal, Vol. 31, No. 5. Retrieved from http://www.nmsa.org/portals/0/pdf/publications/on_target/transitioning_hs/transitioning_hs_4.pdf
10. National High School Center. (2007). The First Year of High School: A Quick Stats Fact Sheet. Retrieved from http://www.betterhighschools.org/docs/NHSC_FirstYearofHighSchool_032807.pdf
11. National Middle School Association. (2006). Transition from middle school to high school (Research Summary). Westerville, OH: Author. Retrieved March 31, 2009, from http://www.nmsa.org/portals/0/pdf/research/Research_Summaries/Transition_from_MStoHS.pdf
12. Rhodes, J. E. (2005). “A theoretical model of youth mentoring.” In D. L. DuBois & M. A. Karcher (Eds.) Handbook of youth mentoring. (pp. 30-43).Thousand Oakes, CA: Sage Press.
13. Schwartz, D. & Hartman, K. (2007) It is not television anymore: Designing digital video for learning and assessment. In R. Goldman, R. P Pea, B. Barron, & S. Derry (Eds.), Video research in the learning sciences.
14. Zins, J.E, & Elias, M.J. (2006). Social and emotional learning; Promoting the development of all students. Journal of Educational and Psychological Consultation, 17 (2&3), 233-255.